Blood Red Bread anyone? Call me crazy, but I just can’t stop experimenting in the kitchen! I’m always pushing my limit and thinking of creative recipes that not only are healthy, but different! And the less ingredients the better! Not only for better digestion but also for your pocket book! Haha!
I thought that if you can create bread fro a cup of nut butter like my other breads, why not from a cup of orange puree? Enter this chocolate orange bread made with just 5 ingredients!
• Grain Free
• Gluten Free
• Nut Free
• Seed Free
• Refined Sugar Free
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup Santa Barbara Red Cacao Powder ($10 off: lilsipper)
1/4 cup Otto’s Cassava Flour (it’s paleo, vegan, grain, gluten, nut, and seed free!)
2 blood red oranges, organic if possible plus 1 more to garnish (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Beat eggs and baking soda with a stand or electric mixer until peaks form.
4. Wash the outside of 2 oranges well then place in a blender (rind included) and puree until smooth. Measure out 1 cup of puree and add it to your chocolate batter mixture and beat again until well incorporated.
5. Transfer batter to a lined baking pan and top with orange slices if desired.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes and allow to cool at least 15 minutes before slicing.
A huge thank you to Otto’s Cassava Flour for sponsoring this post and supporting my work and mission.