Another 4 Ingredient, grain free bread! Ok, technically this is 5 ingredients cuz I added a little somn’ somn’! I just got Flora Healthy’s new Elderberry Crystals in the mail and couldn’t wait to try it! The obvious choice would to mix it in yogurt and add it to my smoothies…so I of course did NOT do that! haha
I decided to supercharge my bread recipe with the health benefits of elderberry! Yup! not only does elderberries taste amazing, they actually have medicinal properties to them! In fact, there are many supplements in syrup and pill form created to help shorten the duration of the common cold and flu!
Did you know Elderberries:
• Are a natural diuretic and laxative
• Aid in sinus infections
• Combat cold and flu viruses and boost immunity
• Helps eliminate excess cholesterol from the body
So this bread is not only Elderberrylicious, it’s also:
• Grain Free
• Gluten Free
• Dairy Free
• Yeast Free
• Candida Diet Friendly
• Easy To Digest
• Easy To Make!…so let’s get to it!
1. In a large bowl, add Fire Cider and baking soda and let fizz.
2. Add eggs and beat on high with an electric (or stand) mixer until eggs form peaks and fluff (about 8 minutes).
3. Next add 1 cup of nut or seed butter and continue mixing until well incorporated.
4. Pour 1/2 the batter into a lined bread loaf pan then sprinkle in Flora Healthy’s Elderberry Crystals. Pour remaining batter into pan and sprinkle more Elderberry Crystals on top and swirl batter with a spoon to create a “galaxy” affect.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
*I store my breads in the freezer (pre-sliced) and they thaw within minutes!