If you have a difficult time digesting meat but need to get in essential proteins only animals can provide for optimal health, try pureeing it! I’ve been doing it for years now, and let me tell you…I love it! It’s great as a dip (think hummus) or alone with a spoon. I don’t add any spices, oils, or condiments and eat it plain. You can learn to appreciate the pure taste.
Benefits of pureed meat:
• You absorb it quickly (great for after a workout)
• You absorb MORE of the nutrients.
• You digest it easier because your body has less work to do breaking down the proteins.
• Less bloating (or none at all!) and you don’t feel “weighed down”.
Chicken/turkey breast or ground chicken/turkey/beef.
1. Poach meat by boiling it in enough water so the meat is entirely covered.
2. Once water tarts to boil, reduce heat and simmer until meat is fully cooked.
3. With a slotted spoon, transfer meat into a blender (do not add liquid) and puree until smooth.
4. Store in containers in the fridge up to 4 days.
You can cook your meat ahead of time and puree it cold after it’s been in the fridge, but a tiny bit of water will be needed to facilitate blending. Don’t add too much water or else it will be “soupy”.