If you thought my chicken chips were crazy and it couldn’t get any crazier….Avocado Chips were born! No, NOT “avocado flavored” chips like you may see in the stores. Actual chips made from avocado! So just in case you want chips ad guac but only have one hand, I got you!
• Nut Free
• Seed Free
• Coconut Free
• Gluten Free
• Yeast Free
• Corn Free
• Sugar Free
• Dairy Free
• Paleo Friendly
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/2 extra large avocado (or 1 whole med.)
Juice from 1/2 lemon
2 tsp sea salt
1 cup Otto’s Cassava Flour
1. Puree all ingredients except cassava flour until you get a smooth and creamy guacamole (no chunks, not runny.
2. In a large bowl, mix pea/avocado puree with 1 cup cassava flour to create a ball of “dough”.
3. Using a rolling pin, roll out dough (the thinner the better for chips, for tortillas leave a bit thicker) and cut into desired shape(s).
4. Bake @ 350 degrees F for 10-20 minutes depending on the size, shape, and thickness of your cuts, flipping over half way through baking. *Larger, thicker cuts need more time and smaller, thinner cuts will bake faster.
5. After removing from oven, allow to cool if wanting them crisp. The cooling process makes them crispier.
I’d love to hear from you on THIS POST on Instagram. See you there! @lilsipper