If you’ve never had BBQ Apples, do yourself a favor and make it ASAP! And all you need are 2 ingredients!
So here’s what you do!
1. Slice 2 large apples.
2. Saute apples in a deep skillet with 1/2 cup BBQ sauce of choice (or my homemade tomato free CHERRY bbq sauce – recipe below) until apples begin to turn soft. DONE!
Sweet Cherry BBQ Sauce:
Make 1 1/2 cups prepared
2 cups chopped, white onion (about 1 med. onion)
1/2 cup Bare Bones (discount: lilsipper10)
1 1/2 cups fresh pitted cherries (can also use frozen)
2 Tbsp Fire Cider (discount: lilsipper)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 Medjool dates
1. In a large pot, pour in chopped onions and Bare Bones and let onions sweat and caramelize, stirring occasionally.
2. Once onions are brown and caramelized, add remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes on low heat (cherry juice should begin to seep).
3. Transfer everything into a high speed blender (I used my Vitamix) and blend a few seconds until smooth.
4. Refrigerate until cold then enjoy! (It tastes even better the next day!)