I’ve never craved frosting in ball form before in my life, but after I made these all that has changed! Let’s just say I now crave frosting balls on the regular! Oh but if you know me by now, these bad boys are super healthy, contain minimal, clean ingredients, and delicious (duh!).
Amy Brown (AKA: @RadioAmy on Instagram) asked me to formulate a healthy cake ball recipe for an upcoming birthday party, and well, I took the challenge! I played around with 3 different recipes, and this was one of them…however this version resulted in more of a firm, frosting ball than a “cake-like” texture….and I’m ok with that!
• Grain Free
• Gluten Free
• Refined Sugar Free
Makes Approx. 20 Tbsp sized balls
1 large white sweet potato (about 2 mounded cups cubed)
1/2 cup coconut butter
1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1 Tbsp raw organic honey (or vegan alt.)
1. Peel potato, chop into cubes, and boil in water until tender.
*Do not roast as roasting will dry them out. You want them to absorb the water so they’re soft.
2. Once sweet potatoes are done, drain water.
3. Add coconut butter to the bottom of your blender, THEN boiled potatoes. Do this while the potatoes are still steaming hot, this will help naturally melt the coconut butter.
4. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
5. Scoop out batter into Tbsp sized balls. If adding sprinkles, do this now (I added a little Let’s Do Organic). Place balls in Tupperware or on a plate and refrigerate overnight (covered). The next day, they’ll have firmed and be the perfect cake-like / frosting batter!
*Store any leftovers in fridge or you can freeze them to add to smoothies!