Cauliflower Rice Pudding!?! Yup, it happened. If you can make rice out of cauliflower, why not it’s sweet cousin out of the same thing?
The secret is to use WHOLE MILK cultured yogurt (I’m in love with Nancy’s Organic Whole Milk) to make this dessert creamy and decadent but still keep it clean without sacrificing the taste!
• Grain Free
• Refined Sugar Free
• Keto Friendly
• Candida Diet Friendly
Need to sneak in some veggies in your kids (or husband’s) diet? Or perhaps you yourself just want some extra nutrients!
3 cups riced cauliflower (used Trader Joe’s but you can also make it yourself!)
1/4 cup raisins (optional – leave out for low sugar candida diet / keto)
1-2 Tbsp honey (leave out for low sugar / candida diet / keto)
2 cups Nancy’s Plain Whole Milk Yogurt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp sea salt
1. In a large pot, add cauliflower rice and pour enough water to cover cauliflower and cook until cauliflower is soft.
2. While cauliflower is cooking, soak raisins (if using) in hot water to allow them to plump.
3. Once cauliflower rice is soft, drain water and in the same pot, add honey (if using) and mix until melted throughout cauliflower.
4. Add yogurt, cinnamon, and sea salt and stir well.
5. If adding raisins, strain the soaking water from the raisins and add them to your cauliflower mixture. Serve warm or chilled!
NOTE: These are all guidelines. You can adjust the sweetness, cinnamon, and salt to taste and of course add more raisins if you’re a raisin lover!