Don’t knock it ’til you try it!
This soup got all the feelzzzz going in my boday! Oh, and it can accommodate all types of diets too!
• Paleo (swap for sweet potatoes)
• Keto (omit potatoes)
• Vegan (swap for veggie broth)
No matter what, this recipe is:
• Dairy Free
• Yeast Free (Why I stay away from Nutritional Yeast)
• Gluten and Grain Free
• Easy To Digest
I adjusted the sauce below from my original NUTRITIONAL YEAST FREE sauce.
SAUCE / BASE:
1 medium butternut squash, *roasted (about 4 cups measured after roasting)
1 white / yellow onion, chopped
1/4 cup Fire Cider (any flavor)
1 Tbsp tahini
2 garlic cloves
1/2 Tbsp yellow mustard
1 Tbsp ketchup
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 cup Bone Broth (or veggie broth)
Pre-cooked ground beef, turkey, or vegan alt. (I used Pre-Brands Grass Fed 95% lean beef)
Ketchup to stir into each bowl
1 golden or white potato (easier to digest and more nutrient dense than russet)
Avocado or coconut oil spray
*Cut butternut squash in half lengthwise and roast face down (skin on) at 350 degrees F for about 50 minutes or until soft. Remove skins after roasting. This method keeps the squash from drying out and retains moisture as apposed to cutting into small pieces then roasting.
**Vegan use veggie broth
1. Brown onion in a skillet until translucent, then blend them with all “sauce / base” ingredients. Adjust seasonings to taste (=/- mustard, ketchup, etc.)
2. Wash and cut potato in desired shape (I used THIS to get that waffle sexiness) and lightly spray with oil. Set your air fryer to the “French fry” setting (or bake in oven)
3. While fries are “frying,” simmer your soup base in a pan on low and add pre-cooked protein.
4. Once fries are done, assemble and top off with avocado and a bit more ketchup if desired!