Move over Cinnabon, these Cinnamon Sugar Sweet Potato Fries with HEALTHY Vanilla Icing are in town! Actually, they came to town and are long gone (know what I mean). You would think these are loaded with tons of sugar & oil, but think again! I made them in my air fryer I got from QVC, but you can easily make them in your oven. DO IT!
1 large sweet potato
Coconut oil spray
Coconut or date sugar to taste
Cinnamon to taste
2 Tbsp coconut butter
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1. Cut sweet potato in wedges (try to make them the same size/thickness or they will cook unevenly).
2. Lightly spray wedges with coconut oil and sprinkle desired amount of coconut/date sugar and cinnamon. Toss in a large bowl to coat.
3. If you don’t have an air fryer, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and flip, and continue baking for 10-15 more minutes.Turn off oven and keep the fries inside as the oven cools down for about 30 minutes. This step will help the fries get crispier. It you don’t have time (or simply can’t wait!) to keep them in the oven for an additional 30 minutes as it cools, so it’s not mandatory, but recommended.
*If you have an Air Fryer like me, I put them in there for only 12 minutes at 400 F.
4. While the fries are baking, melt coconut butter and coconut oil together until it become a sauce (soooo yummy!)
5. Drizzle your “Cinnabon” sweet potato fries with your “glaze” right before serving.