Some mornings just call for some healthy homemade Cookie Crisps cereal. Yup, you better believe I did it! Pour in some homemade coconut milk, or 30 second Sunbutter milk, add to ice cream, yogurt, or snack by the handful!
1 cup cassava flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 flax egg (1 Tbsp flaxmeal + 3 Tbsp water)
1/2 cup water @ room temp
2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
Makes approx. 130 Cookie Crisps
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F
2. Combine flour and baking soda in a large bowl, then add coconut oil and flax egg. Mix well.
*Most will need to add a sweetener of choice (honey/maple syrup/coconut sugar, etc – but I didn’t use any for me personally. Add 1 Tbsp at a time until preferred sweetness is achieved.
3. Add 1/2 cup water and with hands, kneed batter into a dough.
4. Cut each mini choc. chip in half (careful not to cut yourself!) then add them to your cookie dough. Kneed again with hands until choc. chips are well incorporated.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roll tiny balls (no larger than the size of a penny) and place on cookie sheet. Press each down to flatten.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes (watch closely as they can burn quickly due to their size).
7. Let cool completely (cooling helps them “crisp up”).