I’ve been craving more savory lately, but not a huge steak eater….of meat that is. No, I’m not vegan, but steak in general is difficult to digest and just never been a huge fan of the cut. But THIS, this vegan steak certainly satisfied that hearty craving and the flavors were just right using minimal ingredients.
Full of healthy fats and anti-inflammatory properties from the hemp seeds (Evo Hemp is my go-to).
• Candida Diet Friendly
• Keto Friendly
Be sure to chew well! Chewing releases saliva which contains essential enzymes your body needs to digest. We were meant to chew for a reason, so make sure you chew well!
What you need:
– 1 head of cauliflower makes about 3 “steaks”
– Tabasco sauce (I found it to have the cleanest ingredients but any hot sauce of choice will work)
– Pesto (see below)
– 2 cups packed mixed greens
– 1/2 cup Evo Hemp hearts (20% off: lilsipper)
– Sea salt to taste
1. Wash and slice cauliflower into thick slices and lay flat on a roasting pan. Cover with hot sauce and roast at 350 degrees F for about 20-30 minutes, flipping halfway. Remove from oven and quickly sear each side in a cast iron skillet heated with oil (avocado or coconut are great oils to use for cooking).
2. Using a blender (I used my Blentec Twister Jar – 25% off: lilsipper) puree greens and hemp hearts, then add salt to taste. *If you don’t have a Blentec Twister Jar, you may need to ad a bit of water to help with blending, but just add a Tbsp at a time.
3. Serve Cauliflower Steaks with pesto and extra sauce hot sauce is desired. See you on Instagram! @lilsipper