I’m HAZE(elnut)D on coffee! Yes, you can have your Coffee Cake and eat it too!
This 5-ingredient grain free delight has got all the feelz going in my body (if you know what I’m sayin’!)
• Candida Diet Friendly
• Grain Free
• Gluten Free
• Sugar Free
• Yeast Free
Makes 4 large muffins
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp Fire Cider (discount: lilsipper)
1 cup Amoretti’s Hazelnut Flour
3 tsp instant coffee (or coffee alternative for a coffee free version)
Amoretti’s Hazelnut Flour
1. Add baking soda and Fire Cider in a large bowl and let fizz.
2. Then add the eggs and beat until it “fluffs” (about 2-3 minutes).
3. Next, add hazelnut flour and instant coffee and continue beating until batter is thick and all ingredients are well mixed.
4. Spray or line muffin tins and distribute batter evenly into 4 cavities.
5. Bake @ 350 for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and let cool.
To be honest, I totally forgot to add the streusel before I put these in the oven! (rookie mistake!) So here’s what I did.
1. Freeze muffins at least 3 hours or overnight.
2. Add a little melted coconut butter on the top as the “glue” so when you sprinkle the Hazelnut Flour on top it sticks (do this quickly since the coconut butter hardens fast!)
3. Then drizzle melted coconut butter on top to seal the deal!
*I stored these in my freezer and they thaw pretty quickly.