WAIT! STOP! I know we all are guilty of passing up all the gibberish in blog posts and going straight to the recipe, but this info might surprise and/or help your health!
I decided to get creative in the kitchen (what else is knew) and create a soy free version of tofu! Why? Well, many stay away from soy for different reasons (paleo diets, allergy, hormones, or the simple fact that most soy is GMO). Perhaps you don’t avoid it (I do eat it form time to time as edamame or if it’s in Explore Cuisine’s pasta (it’s certified organic and non-GMO by the way) but I don’t have it often or as a weekly thing.
I also love hemp (as many of you already know if you follow me closely on Instagram) and it’s benefits are amazing in so many aspects.
• Pro-skin health (helps with eczema and promotes new skin cell growth!)
• Loaded with (complete) protein
• Easy to digest
• Nut free
• Paleo friendly
• Keto friendly
• Vegan friendly
VEGANS!! Wait! I hear ya! Because gelatin is obviously not vegan, I made a little treat for you (and everyone) as well!
…..Dairy Free Vegan (and Paleo) Yogurt!)
2 cups Evo Hemp seeds (20% off: lilsipper)
1/2 – 1 cup room temp water
2-3 *probiotic capsules
Additional / Optional Add-Ins:
1 Tbsp raw honey or maple syrup (to keep it vegan)
Fresh berries (blueberry, raspberry, strawberry, etc.) to make a fruity yogurt version
1. Blend hemp seeds with 1/2 cup water until creamy and smooth. If adding sweetener or berries do this now and blend again. Depending on preference, you may want to add 1/4 – 1/2 more cup water and blend again to get the desired consistency YOU prefer.
- Once desired consistency is achieved, open up probiotic capsules and stir in well with a wooden spoon (don’t use metal). Refrigerate to chill (taste better) but feel free to consume right away!
*Natren or Renew Life are good options as they don’t contain any fillers, etc in their probiotics. Many capsules will have other ingredients like maltodextrin, silicone dioxide, magnesium sterate, etc. They also do NOT contain Saccharomyces Boulardii (AKA: S. Boulardii) which I avoid at all costs! HERE is my post explaining why.
Using Further Food gelatin, this tofu is packed with gut healing benefits as well as the extra protein the gelatin provides.
Pink salt to taste
Squeeze of lemon
1. Blend hemp seeds and water until creamy and smooth. Taste, add / adjust seasonings to taste if using.
- Add gelatin and gelatin and blend again.
- Pour puree into a dish lined with wax or parchment paper and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm to the touch. Store in fridge 4-5 days (you can also freeze it!).
I’m not one to count calories, but I was curious as to how much protein there was in this recipe. So here’s a few highlights.
For the ENTIRE recipes: