I made this Lavender Lemon (banana, dairy, & coconut free) probiotic, paleo AND Whole 30 ice cream in my Instagram stories (I hope you saw it!) and have been savoring it secretly until now. I used Vital Proteins Beauty Water that contains Bacillus Coagulans (a probiotic targeted to help fight candida) and their grass fed gelatin (see note below) as to why I did.
4 cups white sweet potato, cut into 1″ cubes (about 1 large sweet potato)
1/2 cup raw cashews
5 medjool dates
1/2 cup cool water
2 Tbsp blueberries (fresh or frozen)
2, 1″ cubes of raw beet
Juice from 1/2 lemon
2 packs Vital Proteins Lavender Lemon Beauty Water
*1 tsp Vital Proteins gelatin (see note)
1. Steam sweet potato cubes until soft.
2. While sweet potatoes steam, soak cashews and dates in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain water then puree with 1/2 cup fresh cool water until smooth.
3. Add steamed sweet potatoes, blueberries, beet cubes, and lemon juice to cashew puree and blend until smooth and creamy. *This should be done while sweet potatoes are still hot.
4. Add Beauty Water and gelatin to puree and blend, slowly increasing the speed to full blast.
5. Pour mixture into your ice cream maker and follow ice cream maker’s instructions.
No Ice Cream Maker?
1. Freeze sweet potatoes after steaming and once frozen, blend with
everything else and place in freezer until desired consistency.
*Gelatin helps it not to freeze up solid like ice. Most ice creams contain gums to accomplish this (ever wonder why ice cream never actually becomes rock solid like ice.)