Low Carb Cinnamon Rolls!
The day is here and many thought they would never see a day where keto cinnamon rolls existed LOL
Why low carb?
Are carbs bad?
Are you keto?
Why promote “low carb”?
These are questions I get all the time on my Instagram. So I wanted to address them here.I’m not saying carbs are “bad” (If you browse my Instagram feed you’ll see many higher carb recipes) but I also understand and know the need to go low carb for medical reasons (SIBO, diabetic, yeast overgrowth, etc.) and had to do it myself for a while. So I am always creating options for those needing it. That’s all…and I have fun taking up the challenge!
So whether you need to go low carb, or just want a really yummy recipe your entire family will enjoy that won’t cause IBS pain, I got you!
• Gluten Free
• Dairy Free
• Candida and SIBO diet friendly
• Diabetic friendly
2 cups blanched almond flour
5 scoops of my Digestive Support Vanilla Protein Powder
1 tsp baking soda
Coconut sugar (optional, not keto)
1. Combine almond flour, protein powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
2. Whisk eggs then add to bowl and mix into batter to form a dough.
3. Break apart dough into balls and roll out into long rods on a clean surface. Sprinkle desired amount of cinnamon and coconut sugar (if using) on one side of the rod, and roll into an pinwheel. Place into whatever dish you are baking them in, and repeat with remaining dough.
4. Bake at 350 F for about 20 minutes (you will start to smell cinnamon!)
5. Allow to cool before frosting.