Sometimes you just need to bake a batch of cookies. But if you know me by now, then you may have already guess these aren’t just no ordinary cookies. I had to “healthinize” them and create something many people can enjoy regardless of their diet restrictions.
Grain, gluten, and nut free cookies that are paleo with even vegan options! Tell your friends you’re having a baking party!
1 cup Organic Sunbutter
2 Tbsp *raw honey
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 whole **egg
2 Tbsp ***arrowroot flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
Chocolate chips of choice to taste
1. Blend Sunbutter, honey, vanilla and egg with an electric mixer.
2. In a separate bowl mix arrowroot flour & baking soda.
3. Combine wet & dry ingredients with a spoon to create a dough.
4. Add desired amount of chocolate chips.
5. Bake @ 350 F for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned on a parchment lined baking tray.
6. Let cool at least 5 minutes (if you can wait that long!) to firm up.
*Vegans sub agave
**Vegans can probably sub 1 flax egg, but I haven’t tried it so I can’t vouch for it.
***Tapioca flour can be subbed for arrowroot but texture will be a little less fluffy.