2 IMPORTANT BENEFITS OF OLIVE LEAVES:
(but there are so many more!)
1️⃣ Improves Immune System
Olive leaves have antiviral properties, giving it the ability to prevent the common cold as well as treat dangerous viruses.
The powerful compounds found in olive leaves destroy invading organisms and don’t allow viruses to replicate and cause an infection. In fact, olive leaf extracts reversed many HIV-1 infections-associated changes in a study done at the New York University School of Medicine!
2️⃣ Kills Bacteria and Fungi
They also have the ability to fight off infections, including candida, meningitis, pneumonia, chronic fatigue, hepatitis B, malaria, gonorrhea, shingles and tuberculosis; it also naturally treats ear infections, dental and urinary tract infections! A study done in 2003 proved that olive leave extracts have an antimicrobial effect against bacteria and fungi. In the study, the olive leaf extracts killed almost all bacteria tested, including dermatophytes (causing infections on the skin, hair and nails), candida albicans (an agent of oral and genital infections) and Escherichia coli cells (bacteria found in the lower intestine)
I’v recently been sick with the flu. Whenever this happens I ALWAYS steal some of my neighbor’s olive leaves from their tree. Any kind of over the counter drugs reek havoc on my stomach and just make things worse, and don’t even cure the issue (just mask the symptoms). I’m telling you Olive Leaves kick your cold to the curb!
HOW TO TAKE IT:
1. Find an olive leaf tree and pick the leaves.
2. Wash each leaf very well (especially the underside).
3. Tear leaves and place in a pot of water (no exact measurements. Obviously the more leaves the more potent).
4. Boil water until it become a golden color. There will be a foam that rises to the top. Skim the foam and discard (it’s not harmful so don’t worry if you don’t get it all)
5. Pour tea into a mug and sip. Taste is bitter, so you may add a tsp of honey to help ease the bitterness if need be.
I highly suggest researching the other amazing benefits of olive leaves yourself cuz there’s just too many to mention here. This will become your go-to! If you can’t find an olive leaf tree, HERE is where you can get dried leaves.