When you crave biscuits but only have a few cups left of cassava flour so you really hope the crazy recipe you made up in your head works. Yea, that’s what happened last night. At first I added 2 eggs, but the consistency just wasn’t right, so I added another.
That’s the fun of recipe testing…you are always adjusting.
Ok, I lied.
The real fun of recipe testing is “testing” (aka: eating) the food. Haha
1 cup Otto’s Naturals Cassava Flour (it’s grain, gluten, and nut free!)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
3 Tbsp cold ghee
1. Mix cassava flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl, then add eggs and whisk into flour mixture.
2. With a fork, mash in little bits of cold ghee until you get a flakey dough.
3. Roll into 4 balls with hands then form into desired shape (I cut mine with a round biscuit cutter).
4. Bake at 350 F for about 15 minutes.
Fire Cider Jam:
1/2 cup raspberries
1 1/2 Tbsp chia seeds
1/4 cup Fire Cider (code: lilsipper)
1. Mash raspberries then add chia seeds and Fire Cider and let sit 5-10 minutes until chia seeds have absorbed the liquid.
*Store any leftovers in the fridge.