It went down in my Instagram stories the other day. The thing about carrot cake, is that the natural sugars from the carrots, raisins, and coconut (to me) add just enough sweetness that I don’t need additional sweeteners! And you can actually taste the REAL FOOD….just how it was meant to be enjoyed!
I wanted to top it off with Nancy’s organic cream cheese but realized I still had some leftover cultured sour cream (yes, it’s cultured so it contains probiotics and NO gums, thickeners, etc.)
And because I had some of Otto’s Cassava Flour in my pantry I knew I had to incorporate it since it made my PALEO BURGER BUNS so fluffy!
• Paleo (sans the cultured sour cream)
• Refined Sugar Free
• Nut Free Option
• Yeast Free
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp Fire Cider
4 cage free eggs
1/2 cup *almond butter (I used Trader Joe’s raw, unsalted, creamy)
1/2 cup Otto’s Cassava Flour
1 cup FRESH grated carrots
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
1/3 cup **raisins soaked in hot water at least 15 minutes
*Nut free version use tahini
**Optional – if you don’t like raisins, you can add 1-2 Tbsp honey OR 1/4 cup pineapple juice for sweetness (But I didn’t. The raisins and carrots are sweet enough for me)
1. Add baking soda and Fire Cider in a mixing bowl and let fizz. Then add eggs and beat with an electric or stand mixer until peaks form.
2. Add remaining ingredients (except raisins if using) and beat again until well mixed.
3. Fold in raisins (drain soaking water first) with a spoon then pour batter into a bread loaf pan.
4. Bake @ 350 F for 35 minutes. If making muffins, time will be less. I actually think it tastes better frozen!