I wanted to create a fun bun (no pun intended) for Labor Day and I just knew there was a way to use some of my go-to baking proteins (Nuzest and Evo Hemp)….add some eggs and baking soda and we got ’em! 27g of protein PER BUN to be exact (83g in the entire recipe).
WHAT? 27g of protein per bun?
It all comes from the eggs, pean and hemp protein……No need to fill it with meat (But I did anyways cuz leg day yo)
The Nuzest act as the flour and give the buns bulk while the hemp protein adds anti-inflammatory properties as well as a “nutty” flavor.
• Nut Free
• Yeast Free
• Gluten Free
• High in Protein
• Paleo Friendly
• Keto Friendly
• Candida Diet Friendly
– 3 eggs
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 cup Evo Hemp’s Protein (20% off: lilsipper)
– 1/2 cup Nuzest’s Just Natural protein
*Option to add in seasonings of choice to taste.
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Whisk eggs
3. Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl then add to eggs. (Batter will be sticky.)
4. Divide batter into 3 balls and bake on a parchment paper lined sheet for 15 minutes.
*Feel free to double the recipe for more bun goodness!