Anyone remember those ramen buns made from, well….ramen? LOL This is basically that: but healthy! (dudh!) What typically calls for eggs, I used gelatin as the binder instead. So not only is is suitable for people with an egg allergy, but you don’t have to deal with touching raw eggs….and of course, you’re getting all the gut healthy benefits from the gelatin (same stuff I put in my frothy coffee recipe every morning in my Instagram stories)
• Egg Free
• Grain Free
• Gluten Free
• Yeast Free
• Low Carb
• High Protein
• Keto Friendly
• Candida Diet Friendly
• Diabetic Friendly
Makes 2 “buns” (2 tops + 2 bottoms)
2 cups firmly packed zoodles
1 cup hot water
2 Tbsp of Further Food grass-fed gelatin
Seasonings of choice to taste
1. Spray 2 standard sized ramekins with olive oil.
2. Place 1 cup of zoodles in each ramekin and press down firmly. Set aside.
3. Add hot water to blender (I used my Vitamix) and turn on lowest speed. While blender is running on low, add Further Food gelatin. Allow to blend 30 seconds on low (water will turn “off white”).
4. Pour 1/2 cup of the water into each ramekin.
5. Cover ramekins w/wax paper then place a canned good on top of wax paper to weigh it down / keep zoodles compact.
6. Place zoodles in fridge to set (2-3 hours or overnight). Remove from fridge and slice each in half for a “top” and “bottom” bun and fill with desired patty of choice.