I always prefer to cook chickpeas from dried for a few reasons.
1) They’re fresh and taste so much better.
2) They contain no preservatives.
3) They’re easier to digest if you soak them overnight prior to cooking! Win win!
Add some bone broth for extra gut health and protein or keep it vegan by subbing with veggie broth. You can customize it to your preference! And if you don’t like spicy food…just leave out the hot sauce! Bam!
2 cups dried chickpeas
6 cups water (or more for soaking)
4 cups Bare Bones Broth (or veggie broth for vegans)
1/4 cup Franks hot sauce original (optional)
1, 18 oz. jars diced tomatoes
1 cup fresh dinosaur kale, chopped
Black pepper to taste
Red pepper flakes to taste
Goat cheese to garnish
1. Rinse then soak chickpeas in water overnight (make sure they are covered entirely) in refrigerator. Next day drain any excess water.
2. Add soaked chickpeas to pot with 4 cups broth of choice, jar of tomatoes, and hot sauce and set Multi-Pot or pressure cooker to “Pressure Cook” on high for 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes, allow it to naturally steam for 10 minutes then release any remaining steam. (you can also just cook them stovetop until tender)
3. Add kale and spices to taste and stir. The kale will quickly wilt. Adjust broth consistency by adding more bone broth if desired and garnish with goat cheese.
See you on @lilsipper!