Cucumber Carrot (cultured) Cream Cheese Sushi Sandwiches! (Say that 10x fast! haha!) I wanted to create something fun, easy, and healthy to eat for the kids (and let’s face it, us adults too!) So I partnered with Schar Gluten Free and experimented with their new Artisan Baker 10 Grains & Seeds Gluten Free Sandwich Bread to create these sushi sandwiches!
• Serve them at your next gathering!
• Pack then in your child’s lunch (or yours!)
• Keep them in your fridge for a quick grab and go snack.
• Heck, invite the pals over and assemble these together!
I used cucumber and carrots as the main veggies, but feel free to use any of your favorites like avocado, asparagus, or even tuna!
The cream cheese I used is from Nancy’s Yogurt. Why? Because it’s cultured just like yogurt, so it’s easy to digest, contains probiotics, and Nancy’s brand does not use any thickeners, gums, starches, added sugars, or preservatives (as you will find in other brands). Plus it’s organic so win win! (and it’s delicious!)
So are you ready to make some Gluten Free Sushi Sandwiches?
Schar Gluten Free Bread
Nancy’s Yogurt cultured cream cheese
Cucumber & Carrot (sliced into thin strips) or preferred filling.
1. Cut off edges of each bread slice and save in a bag to make these Garlic Crouton Fries!
2. Roll our squares of bread with a rolling pin until flat.
3. Spread cream cheese on bread then place veggie slices on one en d and roll up tightly. A little cream cheese may be added to the end to help “seel” the roll.
4. Cut each roll in half one more time and enjoy!