No pine nuts. No cashews.
Why nut free? Is there anything wrong with nuts? Nope! I love nuts! This recipe was created for many reasons.
1) Hemp seeds are less expensive than the typical pine nut / cashews used in pesto.
2) Hemp seeds provide more protein than nuts but still all the good healthy fats.
3) Hemp is a natural anti-inflammatory
4) Hemp seeds contain 20% omega 3s. Cashews contain 0%!
It’s good to get in variety in your diet….so if you typically use pine nuts or cashews….try hemp and mix it up!
Feel free to add this pesto to zoodles, regular pasta, or even use it as a dip!
Hemp Pesto Recipe
2 handfuls fresh basil (or spinach)
1 small avocado
Juice from 1/2 lemon
1 raw garlic clove
1/2 cup Evo Hemp’s hemp hearts (20% off: lilsipper)
Sea salt to taste
1. Add all ingredients to blender (I used my Blendtec with Twister Jar attachment – 25% off: LILSIPPER) in order listed, except sea salt. Blend until smooth, taste, then add salt to preference.